Well if I’m honest you don’t really need one. By having a ‘Bucket List’ it might help focus your mind and let you think about your aspirations for both travel and life goals. These can be things you want to complete this month or year or even a dream for 10 years time. There’s no right or wrong it’s your list!
What to put on your Bucket List?
Before I sat and wrote mine down, I was still doing the things I wanted to do. It was more of a virtual Bucket List! In 2016, I talked about trekking the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal. So I booked a flight and made it happen. I also wanted to give blood, something I had said I would do for a while but never actually did. One pint of the red stuff was donated in 2016 and more to come in 2017!
“I talked about trekking the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal so I booked a flight and made it happen”
Just because you don’t write it down doesn’t mean it won’t happen. You are in control. But I have to admit writing it down does help me. When you read my bucket list, you might notice that I have a lot of wildlife experiences that I would love to do.
You might like to read 15 awesome wildlife experiences for animal lovers for even more ideas for your bucket list!
Grab a pen and piece of paper and start writing. Think about countries and places you want to visit, experiences you’d like to try or skills you’d like to learn. Make your own dreams come true.
Register now for £25 off your first stay at Airbnb
If you need a bit of inspiration my list is below:
Becky’s Bucket List
- Visit Belgium – the closest country I haven’t yet visited
- See polar bears in the wild
- Walk on the Great Wall of China
- Visit at least 100 of UNESCO World Heritage Sites (45 done, 55 to go) – Visited Bath City, hiked Jurassic Coast walk
- Go paragliding (recommends for where appreciated)
- Visit Istanbul
- See every species of penguin in the world. (Especially the Rockhopper ones!)
Visit Antarctic. (To see Emperor Penguins of course!!!)
- Take a road trip – ***DONE*** A total of 1,926 miles/3,101 km around Iceland – Read my driving tips here and now I’ve driven around the UK too. Read about my adventure here – UK Road Trip
- Scuba dive with a whale shark
- Go to Madagascar
- Visit every country in South America (5 done and 7 to go)
- Go to the Salt Flats in Bolivia and take silly photos
- Trek to Everest Base Camp in Nepal
- Explore the Slot Canyons in America
- Go to York City and walk the walls! ***DONE*** – Read Free things to do in York & Day trips from York
Travel to Indonesia and see Komodo Dragons
- Visit Papua New Guinea
- Run a marathon
- Create a travel blog ***DONE***
- Go to an Olympics (maybe Japan?)
- Visit South Korea
- Explore Petra in Jordan
- Travel to all the countries in the world. It’s a long shot but why not give it a go!
- Volunteer with wildlife in Africa
- Fly in a hot air balloon
- Visit Stonehenge (helping with item 4!) ***DONE*** – Check out my Instagram shot here!
- Complete the Welsh 3000s Challenge in Snowdonia
- Climb Ben Nevis – the highest mountain in Scotland and the UK ***DONE*** – Tempted to climb Ben Nevis? Read about my hike here!
Ride a jet ski without falling off
- Go to the Easter Islands
- See the Iguazu Falls in Argentina/Brazil
- Take part in a triathlon
- Go to Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany
- Quit my job and become a full-time Travel Blogger – hopefully, dreams can come true! ***DONE*** Ok, so I was made redundant but now working full time on my blog :). Read my story here
- Climb Mt Blanc in the Alps
- Visit Auschwitz
- Go to St Basil’s Cathedral, Russia
Climb Mt Fiji, Japan
- Learn to ski
- Visit Kruger National Park, South Africa
- Jump on a plane to Costa Rica
- See a tiger in the wild
- Take a trip to Iran (Some great inspiration here from Naomi from Probe Around the Globe – 2 Weeks Iran Travel Itinerary for First Time Visitors)
- Write a book – maybe in a few years
- Go to Croatia and visit Game of Thrones locations
- See the Terracotta Warriors in China
- Cross the Golden Gate Bridge
- Visit the Niagara Falls
- See panda bears in China
Feeling inspired and ready to book that trip?
Have you created a Bucket List yet? What’s on your list? Tell me in the comments below
More great ideas for your Bucket List Here
Save to your Travel Pinterest Board
*Becky the Traveller participates in the Amazon Services Associates Programme, as well as other affiliate programmes. If you make a purchase through these, I earn from the qualifying links. This is at no extra cost to you. Read more here.