Dear fellow Travel Writer/Blogger,
Thanks for your interest in featuring on ‘Becky the Traveller’.
***Important please read*** – I accept guest posts from bloggers, not businesses. If you are a business and would like to discuss an opportunity to sponsor a post please read my Work with me page for further information.
Guest Post Guidelines
Please read my guidelines carefully and if you would like to submit an idea for a Guest post please use the contact form below
What I look for in a guest post?
- Minimum 800 words, although I would prefer longer as more beneficial for SEO.
- 3-5 good quality horizontal photos – original images that you have taken. No stock photos.
- 100% original content – no duplicated content.
- Good spelling and punctuation so minimal amendments are required (Please use a spell check and/or ‘Grammarly’ before submitting).
- Once the post has been published you will promote the post and share on your social media.
Please see examples of guest posts here
- Masca Gorge Walk in Tenerife
- West Highland Way hike in Scotland
- Utah National Park – 7 lesser-known hikes
- Hiking the Overland Trek in Tasmania
Important please read the following:
You must also be happy for me to make any edits to the final version.
Photos may be edited and will only be used in relation to this feature and will not be used for any other post. They may be used for pins as part of this post.
Once received if your Guest post submission does not meet any of the guidelines stated above I have the right to refuse. If small amendments need to be made I will contact you to update the post; however, if there is a large amount of work to correct I will decline your submission.
I may add affiliate links or relevant adverts to the post. I have to earn a living somehow!
What do you get from me by guest posting?
- A do-follow link to your personal blog
- One link to a relevant post (only if this relates to the content)
- A backlink from DA 30+/-
- SEO optimisation
- Guest post bio (50-100 words) with links to two social media of your choice
- Social media promotion to 7k+ followers on my own media during the first two weeks that the post goes live, and scheduling the post over the following year.
- Pinterest pin created and shared via Tailwind scheduling
What Topics would I like guest posts on?
My followers are interested in outdoor adventures, hiking, nature and wildlife. They also like reading detailed and informative posts on specific destinations.
Outdoor and hiking posts
- Outdoor adventures and activities eg Ice climbing experience, Scuba diving in x, Kayaking trips.
- Hiking trip eg a day hike in x, 3-day hike in x.
- Generic hiking tips eg Top tips for a day hike, What to wear when hiking in winter?
Generic Travel posts
- How to travel on a budget?
- Tips for travelling solo
- Flights/train/bus saving ideas
If you would like to submit an idea for a guest post please email me at beckythetraveller@gmail[dot]com.
Please include the following:
- Website name
- Website URL (which will be the same as the link in the final post)
- Guest post idea (as detailed as possible)
- Confirmation that you’ve read the Guest Post Guidelines above
Please do not start writing your submission until you have received a confirmation email from me. Thank you.